There are many low or no-cost training and counseling resources available to small businesses looking to expand internationally.
CITD International Trade Specialists can help guide you through the complexities of exporting to expand your operations globally through in-depth one-on-one counseling in areas including export regulation, documentation, export financing, market research, and more.
U.S. Commercial Service Export Assistance Centers
The U.S. Commercial Service is the trade promotion arm of the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration. U.S. Commercial Service trade professionals in over 100 U.S. cities and in more than 75 countries help U.S. companies get started in exporting or increase sales to new global markets.
CITD Workshop/Seminar Calendar – Calendar of local, regional, and international trade-related events.
CITD Online International Trade Training for New Exporters – Provides access to no-cost self-paced learning modules on a variety of export-related topics, from assessing your export readiness to market research and documentation.
Get Ready to Export Video Set:
Plan Your Market Entry Strategy Video Set:
Find Foreign Buyers Video Set:
Webinars covering topics including export strategy, distribution, pricing, export opportunities, and more.
- “Website Strategies to Go Global” – http://2016.export.gov/webinars/eg_main_053415.asp
- “Combustion Associates of CA” – http://2016.export.gov/webinars/eg_main_046623.asp
- “Taking American SME’s Global with Google” – http://2016.export.gov/webinars/eg_main_046621.asp
- “How to Find Valuable Stuff on Export.gov” – http://2016.export.gov/webinars/eg_main_039890.asp
- “Resources You Should Know” – http://2016.export.gov/webinars/eg_main_039892.asp
- “Using Export Data to Find Markets and Price Products” – http://2016.export.gov/webinars/eg_main_034834.asp
- “Using eCommerce and Social Media to Expand Sales Overseas” – http://2016.export.gov/webinars/eg_main_034701.asp
- “Financing Your Exports and Getting Paid” – http://2016.export.gov/webinars/eg_main_033807.asp
- “Increasing Global Sales” – http://2016.export.gov/webinars/eg_main_028575.asp
- “How to Identify International Markets for Your Products” – http://2016.export.gov/webinars/eg_main_024461.asp
- “How to Ship Your Products” – http://2016.export.gov/webinars/eg_main_023941.asp
- “How to Write an Export Plan” – http://2016.export.gov/webinars/eg_main_023640.asp
- “Improving Your Cultural Intelligence” – http://2016.export.gov/webinars/eg_main_022804.asp
Documentation and Regulations Webinars
- “Duty Drawbacks” – http://2016.export.gov/webinars/eg_main_053411.asp
- “Foreign Trade Regulations’ Filing Requirements” – http://2016.export.gov/webinars/eg_main_053412.asp
- “Selecting a Freight Forwarder” – http://2016.export.gov/webinars/eg_main_053414.asp
- “Understanding Export Controls for Encryption” – http://2016.export.gov/webinars/eg_main_046622.asp
- “EU REACH Part 1” – http://2016.export.gov/webinars/eg_main_046617.asp
- “EU REACH Part 2” – http://2016.export.gov/webinars/eg_main_046619.asp
- “Canada Webinar Series: NAFTA Documentation” – http://2016.export.gov/webinars/eg_main_020321.asp
- “Taking Advantage of NAFTA” – http://2016.export.gov/webinars/eg_main_028235.asp
- “Cashing in with Free Trade Agreements” – http://2016.export.gov/webinars/eg_main_023649.asp
- “Export Documentation New to Export” – http://2016.export.gov/webinars/eg_main_039889.asp
- “Export Commodity Classification” – http://2016.export.gov/webinars/eg_main_028231.asp
- “Understanding Export Controls” – http://2016.export.gov/webinars/eg_main_027363.asp
- “How to find HS Codes and Calculate Duties and Taxes” – http://2016.export.gov/webinars/eg_main_023644.asp
- “AES Overview” – http://2016.export.gov/webinars/eg_main_039887.asp
- “New Incoterms” – http://2016.export.gov/webinars/eg_main_039891.asp
BusinessUSA Training Portal
BusinessUSA’s Training Portal provides nearly 200 online classes, videos, and chat transcripts from Federal resources to guide emerging entrepreneurs and exporters through the basics of starting and managing a business.